Friday, January 29, 2010

Burrrrrr

Boy was it cold out there today. The ride only lasted an hour and fifteen minute's, that was plenty long enough to freeze the digit's. I met up with a buddy who is just getting into trail riding, I can't be live he made it. He was a bit over dressed, nothing like sweating on a day with below 0 wind chill temps. We stop ed about fifteen minute's into the ride so he could shed his turtle fur, Dave pulls his hat off, his head is a steaming heap of what looked to be a wet mop. I think to myself, damn i wish I had some heat flowing Thur my finger's and toe's. We get back into the swing of thing's, It's just about dark and Dave says my tire is flat, I said keep riding it. It's to damn cold to stop. Before long we had to stop and throw some air in the tire to get him home. We got going once again, I notice Dave's pace has picked up a bit. I think the possibility of walking out of the wood's on a freezing cold day makes one panic or hurry. Other than the full moon there is not much to say about this short 1 hour ride. Till next time, This is Robert Stine signing off on The Daily Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment