Monday, February 8, 2010

The Daily Ride

Today's Daily Ride was a nice 1 hour and 50 minute putt on the cross bike.
I hit the usual New London to Old New London Turnpike to get off the road and time out part of what would be my commute to work. I got out past Rt.102 and made a left onto ten rod road,(I'm trying to by-pass the nasty downhill to tug hollow) Making this left brought me way the hell out of the way. Approximately 4 miles. I don't think I saved much time there. I'll cross that route off the list of routes to work. I checked out Mapmyride.com and found a left at the top of the nasty downhill, this will be my next attempt. The ride at this point was 15 miles deep and I did not bring a light, It's around 4:30 at this point and I start to head back. The climb up the nasty downhill was a slight burner, weaving my way Thur the rocks and glass and what ever else the local scum bum can disperse onto the class 5 passable road. If anyone needs a box spring, mattress and a TV I know where we can get it. Well enough about the redneck scum, back to the ride. I had a chance to talk with Mike Montabono before my ride, I thought a lot about our conversation and who the best SS racer around is. I know who he is and I want that title. How do I get this title I ask myself. Pain is the answer. Find my weaknesses and inflict endless hours of pain upon that weakness. So I set out to find the feeling of that pain. I found myself feeling the pain but was this the pain that I need to feel to be the best. Not even close I said to myself, more pain push harder. I had been pushing for a bit at this point and saw the dirt road ahead and told my self push as hard as you can to the dirt road. While doing this I found that pain that is going to make me the best. I made my way Thur Big River keeping the push on. I hit the road and started my cool down. Damn did it cool down quick on the ten minute rode ride home. I got home and jumped off the bike in the yard, nearly hit the ground. That's how I want to feel every time I get off the bike. I Thur the bike in the hanger went up stairs to have my recover rite and eats. I through back a piece of pizza, A Turkey and cheese with let,tomato,onions a couple of kicker wings from domino's and some cheese bread. That hit the spot.
Till tomorrow's Daily Ride with the legend.

Bobby Stine signing off.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment